Friday 8 January 2016

Thanks to Sean McGinty

Sunday, 24 April 2011














Well I made it on to Sean McGinty's Sunday morning programme on BBC Radio Lancashire this morning.  I had to get up early too - to be in Blackburn for 8 o'clock, and appeared with Andy Mitchell who's the Head of News at Radio Wave in Blackpool.

Great fun - grab a coffee, look through the papers, chat about your 'CV' and then into the studio with headphones and mikes and all the radio palaver.  We talked about the bike ride, Cancer Research UK and so on, and also commented on news stories such as the Royal Wedding, Disability Benefit, Binge Drinking, Super-Injunctions and so on.  What a great job - I wouldn't mind doing that for a while.  Other opinions are available of course.  I did accidentally talk across the mike when I shouldn't have done once, but hopefully I got away with it and didn't lose the show too many listeners.

Thanks to Sean for inviting me on, hopefully getting a bit more publicity for Cancer Research.  Now I'm back home the weather's looking good, so time for a quick sandwich then off cycling this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment